Subtle Rules of Life

I am making a blog to account for things I do not write each day but should. Not for me, but for the benefit of mankind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, MA, United States

Friday, October 26, 2007

Cold Stone Creamery Tips

How do Cold Stone employees suffer through a job in which they have to sing every time someone contributes in the tip jar? Doesn't this make everything awkward, or is it just me? I would love to tip them, but can't bring myself to do it simply because I don’t want them to drop everything and sing because I gave them my 11 cents in change. I wonder if there's one Super Trainer sent all over the country by Cold Stone who makes the employees learn the Tip Songs via a mini ice cream boot camp. Perhaps he’s paid the big bucks because he can come in and crush any defiance and yet leaves people with a new discipline and outlook on life. In the span of 180 minutes on a Saturday, he breaks them down to tears, builds them back up with confidence, all the while making sure that these songs will run deep within their veins. They will not laugh. They will not cry. They will sing that fucking song with gusto no matter what size the tip is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home